Top 10 Articles
Your Stay In Washington, D.C.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the White House, the Smithsonian, the U.S. Capitol, the National Gallery of Art, the International Spy Musuem, the National Portrait Gallery, Chinatown, and the Verizon Center, a major concert venue.
We have arranged a special rate of $179 per night at the Capital Hilton for any or all of the four nights June 27-June 30, 2013. To reserve a room at the special rate call the Hilton reservation line at 1-800-HILTONS and request the group rate for "The Atlas Society."
For students and others on a tight budget, we have a limited number of dorm-room accommodations reserved at George Washington University, about 20 minutes by foot from the Capital Hilton. The dorm accommodations can be reserved via the Atlas Summit EventBrite registration page and cost $212 for five nights June 26-June 30 (students should plan to arrive on the 26th to be able to attend the full-day student program on June 27).
- There are 3 Metro stations close to the hotel: Farragut North (Red Line), Farragut West (Blue & Orange Lines), and McPherson Square (Blue & Orange Lines). Click here to access the Metro map.
Note: The Atlas Summit staff will not be available to provide personal shuttle service to airports or train stations.
- Reagan International Airport -DCA (5 miles south of hotel)
This hassle-free airport is the closest to the Atlas Summit--5 miles from the hotel. The Reagan airport also connects directly to the Metro--enabling the budget conscious to skip cab fare to the hotel. After picking up your baggage, head for the Metro station platform. Simply get on a Blue Line train headed in the direction of "Largo" and disembark at the FARRAGUT WEST station.
Subway service, fee: $ 2.65 USD (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: $20.00 USD (one way)
- Washington International Dulles Airport -IAD (25 mles west of hotel)
Bus service fee: $10.00 USD (one way)
Alternate transportation: Subway (Metro): FARRAGUT WEST;
Subway service fee: $9.00 USD (one way)
Estimated taxi fare: $75.00 USD (one way)
Other travel information
If you are looking to stay at a location other than the event venue, try some of these hotel search tools, some of which include information on car rentals:
- Expedia.com (also includes information on rental cars)
- Cheap car rentals: Rent-a-Wreck
- Note: If you only have limited use for a rental car, look into using Zipcar.com. They have multiple locations around D.C. However, you will need to apply and receive your Zipcar card before arriving in the city.