Postmodern scholars assert the following contradictory claims:
- All truth is relative, yet postmodernism tells it like it really is.
- All cultures are equally deserving of respect; yet Western culture is uniquely destructive and bad.
- All values are subjective; but sexism and racism are irredeemably evil.
- Technology is bad and destructive; but it is unfair that some people have more technology than others.
- Tolerance is good and domination is bad; but wherever postmodernists come to power, such as the campuses, enforced “political correctness” follows.
Postmoderns also make the following claims in defiance of historic facts:
- The West is deeply racist–even though the West ended slavery.
- The West is deeply sexist–even though Western women were the first to get the vote, contractual rights, and employment opportunities that most women in the world still lack.
- Western capitalist countries subjugate and exploit the poor–even though the poor in the West are far richer and have far greater economic opportunities than the poor anywhere else.
> Back to the interview with Stephen Hicks, "The Postmodern Assault on Reason"